View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Aaron Rothschild

Default Please be on the look out for this t206! Help!!

Board members,

Please be on the lookout for a unique t206 Frank Chance portrait! Please contact me immediately if you have been offered the card or if you may have purchased it this week from someone in Illinois!

On this Tuesday night, Sept. 30, I purchased a t206 Frank Chance portrait (Red Background) from an ebay seller, edison89.

The card is unique in that the red background is faded to a nice bright orange. (see pictures below)

$_57-1.jpg

$_57-2.jpg

The sale was a BIN and I provided payment instantly, the seller within an hour marked the card shipped and I was excited to add this cool faded color variation to my collection.

However, this is not what has happened.

After several attempts to track the package on Wednesday, yesterday and today there was no update to the tracking information.

I tried to contact the seller to find out why the tracking information was not registering with USPS and did not get any response until just about 30 min ago (4:30pm EST on Friday).

I opened the email from the seller only to read an apology and a fantastic story about how several cars in his neighborhood of Bloomington, IL were burglarized on Wednesday night and of course my card was stolen.

I thought his story was more than a little fishy so I checked with the Bloomington, IL police department.

As I suspected there were no automobile break-ins, thefts or the like reported on Wednesday night or any other night this week...

Now, what has happened to the card?

My gut tells me that because I got a great deal on the card (maybe too low if you ask some people) that the seller was contacted privately by someone else offering more money.

Due to the lack of any police reported break-ins this week from anyone in Bloomington, IL, I can only assume that he welched on my sale in order to accept a higher offer outside of ebay.

So, I ask you all to be vigilant and please, please be on the lookout for a unique t206 Frank Chance red (orange) portrait! Please contact me immediately if you have been offered the card or if you may have purchased it this week from someone in Illinois!

Please note that the seller has refunded my money, but we all know this isn't about the money... I bought the card, we had a deal and now that deal has not gone through.

Thank you

Aaron

PS: if edison89 is a board member and this post is out of line/wrong and there really was a break-in please correct me but as of now according to the police there was no such crime or string of break-ins as has been claimed.