View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 03:15 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkplace33 View Post

1. Have you ever utilized this guarantee for your PSA cards, either for counterfeit cards or overgraded cards? If so, how did the process go? How did PSA determine value?

2. Do other grading companies (SGC, Beckett) also have a similar guarantee?
First, ask yourself, what is it that a TPG (PSA, SGC, others) offer?

Answer - a plastic casing with a number on a label that for some reason or other drives collectors/investors to shovel piles of cash at the labels with the higher numbers.

Different opinions on this. Exactly, WHAT percentage of cards is acceptable when a TPG indicates a card is authentic/unaltered and it is found that the card is neither authentic or not altered?

Answer to question 1 - No, I've never utilized the guarantee but I have a few cards that are obviously incorrect in the assessment that the card deserves a numerical grade for not being altered. Not sure what good it would do to send it back because (1) I wouldn't trust them to somehow lose the card(s) or decert them and send them back un-encapsulated (2) I wouldn't be surprised if they send them back and say it's their opinion nothing's wrong with the card(s).

Answer to question 2 - No clue. I was always under the impression that there was some type of implied guarantee to these graded cards because the TPGs have a direct influence on card pricing and they should somehow stand by their "subjectivity" and be responsible for their product output (subjectivity).

And as they say - every thread should have a picture of a cool card (bahhhhh...)

PSA8 Wagner T206.jpg