View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMiller25 View Post
This email really confirms what we all know if going on anyway. It's a shame that we as collectors continue to be slaves to a plastic holder with a name on top and take it up the ass by these guys with a smile on our face. There service SUCKS! Truly it sucks! There owner is an ego maniac that has zero problem standing in front of a room full of PSA faithful and without a hint of doubt proclaims "he was one of the three present when the now famous trimmed Wagner was graded and beyond a shadow of a doubt, that card was not trimmed", yet there seems to be zero backlash when it goes public that the card is indeed trimmed! This is the only business in the world that I can think of where you get in the ass and get kicked in the balls time and time again as collectors, and we gladly come back with a smile on our face. Unreal!

And before anyone goes off on me, I am speaking squarely to myself with the statement above.
Matt,

I think part of the problem is that many collectors play the "crack-out and bump-up game" themselves. I know one collector who has several highly ranked mid-60's PSA registry sets and about 1/3 of the PSA 9s were once 8's.

But you bring up a great point - which is really even more alarming. The bigger problem proven by myself and others is that PSA either can't detect doctored cards or intentionally allows doctored cards to be slabbed. It would be grossly naive to think the T206 Wagner was the only doctored card that originated from Bill Mastro that was slabbed by PSA.

And I agree with you again - why people tolerate these questionable business practices defies all common sense and reasoning.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain