View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 08:26 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer05 View Post
Never heard of anybody d/b/a "Pep Line 75."

But, at first glance, those photo pennants screamed ASCO. You can even see ASCO's mark on that red Ft. Myers pennant, bottom left corner (arrow through circle)!

So I went back and found a 1976-dated ASCO pennant scan I saved ... and noted one or two similarities, which I think you'll spot despite the blurry nature of my scans below!

If I had to guess, I'd say Pep Line was a distributor of other pennant makers' products--at least when it came to licensed merch. In this case, it looks like they were distributing Trench-made NFL pennants; and ASCO-made photo pennants. They probably specialized in the production of other school products, like pinbacks, pom poms, and maybe chenille letters made for high schools markets.

Rob, do we know where this company was located? Ny guess is there's an address somewhere in there where you mail your order to?
They definitely distributed ASCO products...I found "ASCO" on one of their bumperstickers and could see "Winona, Minn" on a pinback. Also, the whole "Rah! Rahs!" thing. At first, I thought this was an ASCO catalog and maybe Pep Line was a "line" of products, like a Pro line or a College line. But the bottom left of the inside cover makes it look like a company name. The inside cover also makes it look like they made the pennants (at least some of them), due to the "Art Charges, Proofs, Screen Charges", etc. I recognize some Minnesota names on some of their High School stuff and am 99% sure that's where they were located. My best guess is they sold ASCO professional name stuff and made high school and college stuff...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan.jpg (151.2 KB, 372 views)