Thread: T206 Question ?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 09:07 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Leon, in your opinion, why should T cards issued between 1909-11, with same t206 fronts, including black lettering, not be included as t206s? Specifically I am talking about T213-1 and T215–1. What makes these cards any less a T206 than American Beauties, other than they were not initially classified as such?

I am very open to opinions, but merely calling a stance hogwash is not evidence/persuasive. I know there are others threads and plenty of arguments, but why specifically do you think t213-1 and t215-1 are not t206s (besides initial classification)? Thanks
T213s were issued over a span of how many years? How many years were T206s issued.
No T206 has a blue caption on front. No T206 is paper thin. No T206 has multiple colors of print on front (with the different series).

T215s- Were issued later than T206. Have different colors of captions on front. Have different type card stock for the 2 series (though could be mistaking on that one as I haven't handled both versions recently)

Burdick knew exactly what he was doing on these series as, in the ACC, he said that 213, 214 and 215 were similar to T206. That is perfect proof he got them correct. He is the one that wrote the catalog and gave ample evidence why those series were cataloged differently. It is really not even close imho....but again, everyone can believe what they want to. I go by the facts.