View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 03:48 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Postcards are a part of my collection that I really enjoy. Besides team issued postcards of the Orioles, there are a bunch of different postcards that have been produced over the years by various individuals. Some of these, like the Mike Anderson issues, are very well done.

Today, I would like to highlight the 1975 Mengler-Peterson set. From a google search, they are described as follows....

In 1975, Clarence Mengler joined with artist Keith Peterson to produce this B&W sketch postcard set for autograph hunters....Original production was 200 sets...Estimates only 100 were released before MLBPA threatened suit and stopped release of the remaining sets - SCD, Krause Publications....Measures 3"x5"...Blank or "Mengler-Peterson 1975" stamp on back...Extremely Scarce Issue

The Orioles set is complete at 7 in my opinion. Some sources also list Tony Muser as an Oriole, but all the Musers I've seen show him as a White Sox.
I'm really not sure if I have this item or not. Most items I can view and KNOW whether I have it somewhere or not. This one looks familiar, but just not positive. Thanks for picturing them and the details that go along with this set.