View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 10:33 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I agree that these are conversations worth having.

It wasn't ad nauseam for me. You have grouped many different guns into a single category (one bullet per trigger pull) while excluding others. I'm interested to know why you draw the distinction in this way.

It sounds as if you are saying that the fact that some people break laws means that it's not worth trying to pass new laws. Is that right? Should we not revise drug and drunk driving laws to try and make them less ineffective?
- Glad we can agree on something.

- I did group many guns together because the mechanics are the same. The targeted firearms by anti-gun people are all semi-automatic firearms. One bullet per trigger pull. Simple as that. Magazine capacity is a moot point, as magazines can be changed in a matter of seconds. Again, to target one, you target them all because of the mechanics. There is literally no difference between a 9MM handgun and a 5.56 caliber AR-15. Now, revolvers and bolt action rifles are different, but those aren't targeted by the anti-gun crowd.

- I'm saying we need to stop pretending as a society that we can eradicate all crime/poor behavior with legislation. It's hilarious that one thing the majority of both sides of the political spectrum agree on is that they don't trust government, yet I often see people clambering for more laws (AKA bigger government). Again, cocaine/heroine/etc. are illegal, yet run rampant in this country. How? Schools are fun free Zones, yet we have school shootings. How? Laws are for the law-abiding. If we want to truly solve this solution, we'll all discuss what you and I agree should be discussed in the first point. Those are the topics that build the foundation for better, healthier people, and a safer society.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame