View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
anyone spending 5k+ on a ring would know it's going to be smaller if it is a front office example
Front office rings are not always smaller. It is up to the discretion of ownership. And, depending upon the employee's rank, he could be elevated to a larger ring.

Yes, bidders should do their diligence in researching rings before bidding. However, as I said in my post, there are not too many resources for collectors.

A few collectors call the ring manufacturers and request specifics but the makers of the rings do not share much information. Teams too, do not share information.

Sometimes the ring specifications will wind up on the internet. In the case of a team that looses the superbowl, the ring specs rarely if ever wind up in the news or on the internet.

It can take a few years before a few rings are sold at auction to piece together what versions of rings were given out.

So, if someone like myself knows this is a "B" version ring, and the auction house is alerted to it, shouldn't they do the right thing (like other auction houses do) and update their listing?

Leon, I have the utmost respect for you as a person, and a collector, and the rarely thanked guy that runs this amazing site, so I do ask this with all due respect - do you honestly think I was met half way on this matter?

Last edited by sports-rings; 01-08-2013 at 08:48 AM.