View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 01:43 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Wow Alan, that photoshop was really well done! When I first saw it I thought you had landed an original!

Back in 1988, I knew Cal Ripken Jr. was approaching his 1,000th consecutive game (which was to be played at Fenway Park). I called the Red Sox box office about a week prior, bought a couple tickets which were mailed to me.

All was fine however over the years, the printing on the ticket itself began to fade to the point where you couldn't read the date, opponent, etc.

In the interim, I also found out that June 25th was the day that the infamous Bill Ripken baseball card photo was taken. A collector friend of mine who collects all versions of that card, scored a couple of season tickets to that game (which used stronger printing) recently and he generously sent me one.

For years I've owned the lineup card to that game, so the ticket stub now makes a great companion piece:
Thanks. I think she did a great job.

Interesting you should mention that game. I was actually at the game in Boston and yes both of my tickets have faded like yours. I tried to laminate them, but that didn't help.

Cool story. I didn't know the connection to the Billy Ripken card. I wonder if I witnessed the photo being taken and never knew it. LOL