View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 09:54 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
That was a great link. Yes we are probably just too young to remember. Then again neither played a style of music I listened to. I remember back in the 3 channel days(70s here) having to watch Hee Haw and Lawrence Welk as a little kid so never listed to those types of music when I got older.

Country music is actually pretty good when you only listen to the guitar player.
That's the thing. There are so many different genres of music it is really hard for some people to pick out who is great and who isn't because they may have never heard of them before nor appreciate their style/talent?
Same goes for drummers, piano players, etc. If it is not your preferred genre of music, it might be really hard, unless you're a talented musician, to pick out who is really great and who isn't?
So many different styles, with some not appealing to others, but it still doesn't mean they aren't really good.
When I personally think of great guitar players, I think of Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Randy Rhodes, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Michael/Rudolph Schenker and numerous other ones. If you had of posted your question without mentioning Roy Clark, I likely wouldn't have even thought about him even though he deserves just the same amount of accolades as many others.