View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 03:48 PM
James Gallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
To answer your second question, I'd think any high dollar card purchase should be highly scrutinized, but unfortunately, not everybody has access to Photoshop. No matter how good a scan appears, and how carefully we look them over, it's very easy to overlook a wrinkle. This is where disclosure is so important. An auction house needs to thoroughly describe any imperfections or damage they see. Considering the buyer's commission on these auctions, I don't think that's asking too much.

Really what is the purpose of getting a card graded if I need to grade it and describe every detail when selling it. I really am just being devil's advocate but I think my point is valid.

Most of what has been said it true if it's 10 different scanners the card may present 10 different ways so as long as someone isn't intentionally altering the scan to hide defects I don't see a problem. If there is a certain defect you don't like then ask the seller a detailed question and any good seller or auction house will review a card and give more details when asked. I just think it's a bit ridiculous to grade every graded card.

James G