View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 01:19 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
I am partial to SportLots. It is basically a decentralized version of COMC. I am generally a raw, midgrade and up set builder and can always find fairly priced cards there; which is more than I can say for COMC.
It definitely has a place in the hobby. To save money overall, make sure to look through each seller's port there and heavily use the ones that ship to the warehouse (box) for free or highly discounted.
Interestingly, there is a company trying to steal their main sellers. See post #974. And if you're a user of sportlots, good one to read throughout for tips/tricks/pitfalls.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...373268&page=39

I bought a lot of 300 Topps cards looking for rare variations, ended up getting none. Figured the sellers on there might not be as smart on rare variations and I would get lucky with one or two $100 cards to make the attempt worth it.
There's also a flip opportunity by buying from sportlots and sending to COMC, where they'll be scanned and cross-posted to eBay.

Add: However, the user experience / search engine / design is AWFUL. You have to be super patient on sportlots, and make sure to check out every so often because it uses your own browser cache for the cart. Depending on your browser settings, you may lose hundreds of cards you had in the cart if your computer or browser crashes.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 04-16-2022 at 01:21 PM.