View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Default 25 year quest ends sadly George C Miller Company

Posted By: dan mckee

There comes a time in every true collector's career when that once in a lifetime opportunity shows itself and you need to "pull the trigger". Well, my time came this morning but I missed it by a half an hour. There are 2 known George C Miller company wrappers in collections today that held the rare cards and both display American League on them. Well, knowing there are National league players in this rare set, we thought there should be a National league wrapper. Well now there is. One surfaced this morning and I missed it! Yes I thought about ending it all but I pulled a few Washington Times cards and burnt them to make me feel better. I had won a scrapps card from a gent and noticed in the description that he had other old baseball stuff listed. I checked out his other auctions and he had some neat stuff.

Then I made the BIG MISTAKE, I looked at what he had that had already ended! I looked and almost died! The National league Geo. C. Miller Wrapper that would go perfectly with my set! 30 minutes late and many dollars short, that is me. I have 200 search criterea set up for george c miller and I missed this! Well, it is confirmed, the Natiomnal league exists!
I hate this hobby.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EARLY-ORIGINAL-NATIONAL-BALL-GAME-TOFFEE-WRAPPER_W0QQitemZ5227021910QQcategoryZ50133QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem