View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 04:40 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLange View Post
Thrilled with my 1st pickup in the new year - a 1949 Cleveland Indians Sun Picture Camera kit, pack #2, including original mailing envelope and accompanying promotional items. This "set" consists of 5 packs of 4 negatives each, plus photosensitive paper to make pictures using the negatives per the instructions. I am especially happy to add pack #2, as the negatives included are Bob Kennedy, Bob Lemon, Thurman Tucker, and Satchel Paige - perhaps his most difficult Cleveland "card" to obtain.

One of the promotional cards ties this set to the Shelby Gum Company, a connection previously unknown. Since the envelope and contents were sent in 1950, and the set was originally issued in 1949, my suspicion is that the Shelby Gum tie-in may have been a promotional collaboration to get rid of remainders from the prior year.

I now have 2 of the 5 packs, 8 of the 20 negatives. Interesting to see that the packs themselves were multi-colored. Now hopeful that I will find the other packs in the future to complete the set!
Super cool! I love that kind of stuff!