View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Invest in Stocks or Cards

Posted By: leon

I am not an investment or financial advisor so take this with a grain of salt. I think cards can be an investment like any other asset if you want them to be. You really need to be careful on what you pay and understand that what goes up must/can come down. I think we have seen some of that on the lower end lately. I decided, about 10 yrs ago, that I was going to put a good chunk of my savings into cards. I don't necessarily suggest doing that but I got luckey and it worked out ok. I have never purchased a card for my collection as an investment (I do some buying and selling now) but they have done pretty well over the long haul. If I had to give advice I would say cards could be a small part of your portfolio. If you buy ones you enjoy you will at least get the enjoyment from them no matter the value. Just be prudent, careful, and make them a small part and I don't think it can do harm. Also, you can consider collecting them as relaxation and fun no different than going to Vegas....except, if smart, I think your odds will be better at cards...just my 1/2 cent opinion....