View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 10:38 AM
Troy Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I wanted to update that I have officially completed the 524 T206 set!

I recently acquired a near complete PSA registry set (thanks Gary). After picking up a few laggards and adding some from my collection, I can proudly say that I have assembled a complete, 524-card T206 set. Every card except my Doyle and a Cobb, Bat On, are in a PSA flip, with an average grade of 5.62. I expect (with some help) to register the set, and I may attempt to cross the Doyle and Cobb, down the line. If I do cross the two cards and register the set, it will be the only 100% complete, 524-card T206 set on the active registry and only the 2nd 100% complete set ever registered.

I love baseball cards and I love the T206 set most of all, so I am super-psyched to accomplish this.

Quick note that, before he sold me the Wagner and the Doyle, Powell (the original owner of the Connecticut Wagner and the Doyle) had a complete 524-card T206 set (in a much higher average grade than mine). I could never have done this without him and his willingness to part with those two amazing cards (and a Demmitt, St. Louis).

Thanks to Joe, JP and Memory Lane for helping me complete the bulk of the set.

Thank you Bill, Bob, and Hank for helping me fill a few holes.

A special thanks to Troy for your help and advice, and thanks also to Michael, Luke, Jay, Andrew, Steven, and Bryan for your guidance. And thanks to all of you who offered me cards, sets, and parts of sets, especially Ron, Scott, and Rob.
Congrats on the achievement! Definitely not a normal way of doing this but great to see you getting it done so efficiently...haha! Glad to help the little I did as well! Now I can be jealous looking at your set....haha! Kudos and congrats again!