View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 01:28 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstrite View Post
Hi, everyone. Picked this up recently. Gone back and forth with some folks and can't settle on the year. I am thinking 1966. Someone else said maybe 1970. The Dodgers did not clinch too soon so maybe they could not print and distribute in time to include them or the Giants. Here is what i know:

Carling Black Label Beer / Baltimore Orioles NBC-TV Barroom Score Card paper signs measuring 9" x 29" length, includes 6 original pages (each page is on thick paper stock; the last page is on thick cardboard). The front page has some minor surface wear otherwise still in very good original condition! Not sure what year.

Please share your thoughts or provide the answer to what year this is.

Charlie
Charlie,

Really cool item. I've never seen it before, but I'm leaning toward 1966 instead of the 70's. One strange thing I noticed was that the Orioles are listed as the visitors. Usually advertisement items like that would have the Orioles as the home team, especially since Carling had a plant in Baltimore. However, the first game of the 1966 series was in Los Angeles. O's were the visitors in game 1 of the 1970 series, also.

I'll vote with Mark. It would look nice framed and if you can verify the year, add a ticket stub or other World Series item to the display.

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 01-23-2022 at 01:32 PM.