View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 09:57 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
For all of your knowledge, I haven't found any of your arguments against gun reform convincing.

Please enlighten me as to how it is a good idea for an 18 year old to be able to buy an AR-15 the day they turn 18?

Is it also a good idea to let those same unformed minds that make bad choices help select the people who run our country?

I know people who I trusted more at 12 than most adults. They showed me how to load the clay bird flinger for trap shooting safely. Semi confined space, and a strong enough machine to mess up anyone if they did it wrong. He knew the right way and showed me all the safety points of what to do or not do.

I also know adults, and far too many of them who should probably be restricted from owning forks or any other sharp implement.

It shouldn't be about the age, but the individual. and even when those individuals make threats and get a talking to from the police, those events don't get into the system the background checks work from. That's the very first and possibly most important point of failure in our current system.