View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 08:05 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

It's as if they are looking at miscuts as a type of Scrap card which always gets an "A" from SGC. My legit T206 Scraps from PSA come back as Authentic Altered. I wish they'd at least put Authentic No Print since that's how they are listed in their population report.

Both companies claim to be experts in the topic of sportscards and memorabilia but sometimes it's as if they have no idea what they are looking at. Then it's identified wrong, added to their population report wrong, adding unneeded stress to the collector, additional down time for the item if they even agree to fix the mistake or modify the label and population report correctly. But with the cost of the grading and the amount of time they have your cards, you'd think everything would be done correctly without having to ask for something to be done correctly. Maybe it matters who you are and how much business you do with them. I've put off grading for the last ten years, waiting for the right reason and deal to have everything done. Until then, it sure makes storing them much easier.

15 plus years ago, I sent PSA 5 cards to be graded as part of the bonus when signing up for the membership. 4 of the 5 cards came back graded and labeled correctly. I contacted them and they said they'd fix the problem, but I haven't bothered yet. So one of my 1984 Topps Mattingly's is labeled as a Tiffany when it isn't. I don't like problems, and usually fix everything myself. I hate getting anyone else involved in my problems. I've always been that way, with the mindset of, if you want something done right, you got to do it yourself. The only problem I've run into is doing surgery on myself when I need to be under anesthesia. But I'm sure to prep everyone in the operating room from what IV needle to use, the vein and exact location of entry, angle, and depth. The meds and the order, incision locations and what extras to expect that are not in the general book. They either love me or hate to see me. My most often used quote when dealing with doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and everyone in between is "I shouldn't be right this many times about things, it's not my job to be right at your job, I've got 10+ other jobs to be right about." I'm even more concerned about the other patients that don't know any better and I'm in the next bed over, observing and listening. I've had to open my mouth multiple times because something was about to be done wrong. I've even literally been in arguments with the complete chain of command in a hospital about a medication that was labeled and boxed wrong, spending a full day trying to get someone to listen to me while demanding every level of employment until someone finally contacted the manufacture and found out the wrong medication was labeled, packed, boxed, and shipped to who knows how many hospitals around the country and then them trying to track all of it and who ended up getting the wrong thing throughout the country. I got a few visits from what looked to be high level payed people, asking how I knew it was wrong, even when the computers and everyone else promised it was right. A couple of those people even asked what my favorite foods were, during conversation. I had prime rib and lobster for dinner in the hospital a couple nights during my stay. When I hear that someone got sick with something new to them, I tell them to educate yourself as much as you possibly can and pay attention to everything and ask lots of questions. Sorry for the rant everyone lol By the way, I'm a certified auto technician and electrician. Not a surgeon but have recommendations by many people in the medical field. I just don't enjoy being around sick people because I don't like to see people suffer.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11