View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 05:03 PM
Cliff

Default Warning: SGC - A Factory Miscut = Miscut = "A" Grade

Hey Fellas!

I received my SGC submission ($25 level) back before the estimated return time! Great news. Bad news was out of the 22 cards SGC determined 6 were factory Miscut/Trimmed. They basically told me that a factory miscut on a T201, T202 and T206 American Beauty are deemed miscuts and are not eligible for numerical grades!

I have amassed a large collection of T201z and have handle many, if you are familiar with this set they are notoriously factory miscut and many in my Master set are super nice factory Miscuts with numerical grades from SGC. Apparently, they will no longer be eligible for a numerical technical grade!?! Same with the T202z which also have typical funky factory cuts and the T206 American Beauties?!?

I am a small fish in the grading game with only about 100 cards per year to SGC but I have been a fan for a long time (customer #129). This is disappointing news. I wanted to give you all a heads up if you were poised to send a factory miscut to SGC at $75 it will come back as an “A.”

Please note that the three example photos are all “factory Miscuts” as the wear along the edges were commensurate with age and handling. None are “after Market” trimmed. The T206 AB has been in a GAI holder for probably 15 years…

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

When I asked for an explanation and a statement that I should not see any T206 AB cards with an “New” numerical grade, here is the response I got:

Hello Clifford,

When our graders determine a card to bear evidence of trimming or to have been miscut, they designate the card an "A" for "Authentic", as those cards are not eligible for numeric grades. The definition of "miscut" is contextual and varies between issues. Our graders are the foremost experts in the industry and we stand behind their determinations.

If you need anything else please let me know

Brent Martin
Collector Support
--

www.gosgc.com

Thank You..
Clifford Franklin
SGC customer #129

DSCF2189.jpg

DSCF2277.jpg

DSCF2278.jpg

DSCF2279.jpg
T206 Back Set - 37/38
T227 Series of Champions Master Set 45/48
1948 Bowman - Baseball & Football (upgrading)