View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Peter F

Default Thoughts On Pat Moran Autograph Please

hi guys - I'm a long time collector of cards and memorabilia and only own a few autographed items including the one I am posting here - a signed cabinet card of former player and manager Pat Moran.

I recently found out about Ron K's book on HOF autographs and find the entire discussion about signatures quite interesting (signed with an aggressive, confident hand; lacks a rapid flow, etc) - and more specifically that autograph collecting wasn't very popular until about the 1920's. All very interesting - I never gave much thought to autographs.

So I thought I would post this item to see what autograph collector's thought. Not so much about authenticity because I assume it is real (bad habit, I am certain) or value - but more to hear what you thought about the idea of a player giving an autograph as a coveted item back in 1906.

I would consider selling or trading this item but I wanted to learn more about it. I don't mean to be one of those posters who gets the conversation going to promote their subsequently selling an item, so if this needs to move to B/S/T I guess I would understand.

But I really just think this is a wonderful item and wanted to hear what you thought about it. thanks so much

peter

One of the photos has a Horner cabinet of Moran - I acquired both together.

thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6923.JPG (22.3 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 6924.JPG (50.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 6922.JPG (49.4 KB, 104 views)