View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Default Curious about this T206 Cobb W/Lenox back....

Posted By: Eric S.

there's something wrong with the card (edited to say it's good to get to the bottom of this for the seller and those wishing to bid and good luck. The benefits of drawing attention to a card here). It's like if you think your girlfriend is cheating on you.......she probably is. If you think that this has been rebacked..........it probably has. This is just simply not a card to buy on ebay (imo) and is likely another example of the flaws and inconsistency in grading. The seller has wisely baited the hook here, but Jamie's research would require definitive answers (answered). As a Marine I think it's unnecessary to use your service or "god" as many do to try and sell cards (I stick to this statement). I've served in two combat theaters and outside of making me a little crazy and beat up I can't imagine how it's supposed to help me sell pre-war cards. You want credibility in this trade, earn it by selling authentic cards at appropriate pricing with fast shipping. That's all anyone cares about. There was a time when service did add some credibility to character and being a free society you have the right to express yourself, but comparing Police to those indicted in the "Rodney King" case or military individuals to the handful of corrupt Soldiers at Abu is childish. This is a hobby, nobody's dying here. You don't like it, don't buy it.