View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 07:38 AM
H Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Ask yourself how many of the offensive players that Brady has played with (for any extended period time) will make it to Canton. Not the in-and-outs like Randy Moss - I mean a sustained period of time - it ain't many I can think of. Sort of puts his skill in perspective for me.
This makes the most sense to me. Hard to come up with a "greatest" of all time but it seems the so-called experts and many football fans in the Brady camp refer to the evolving players and the 14 season period of excellence. Every "greatest" QB or team for that matter has warts if we really want to start digging, every one. Unlike baseball, which I feel has stayed relatively the same for the last 2 generations, football has gone through dramatic changes. At best we can come up with the "greatest" for different eras. Baugh,Unitas, Roger S, Bradshaw, Montana, and Brady. One item I do agree with is that you have had to have played big, I E carry a S Bowl team, to be considered the greatest of your era. Pitchers and catchers less than 2 weeks !!!