View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Default Best way to build the monster?

Posted By: Dave Hornish

My message title is the name of an album with some of the the best cover art of all time (Google the title with Electric Frankenstein in the search), but my approach to T206 was haphazard to start. I went after a couple of backs first, then decided on a Superbas team set, quickly realizing I wanted the whole enchilada (minus the big six, although I am not abandoning the idea of trying for Demmitt and O'Hara).

I then, for the first time ever in my collecting life, decided to fully research the set and the scarcer cards before buying any more. I compiled a list of the top 50 toughies and have been working my way down it (I have, I think, the next five toughest cards after the big 6) methodically. I also am buying the Cobb cards (I have half of them) and am getting the big ticket items out of the way. I'll go after the Youngs and Mattys after I get all the Cobbs. I plan to buy a large lot or two of Southern Leaguers and Commons at some point in the next year or so and will just fill in from there. I'm having a lot of fun collecting this set so far.