View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Default December buy/sell/trade thread

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Fantastic Lot of Cleveland Indians Pencil Clips issued from 1948-1952 by the team. Lot includes (74) Of the total 90 issued between 1948 & 1952. These seem to be drying up more and more as I search daily for them and rarely see any. In addition to the lot of (74) Indians clips comes a lot of (6) of the St. Louis Browns clips. These are even MORE difficult to come by. I routinely see the Satchell Paige Browns clip but they are all fake. I can guarantee you, this one is not fake.

Indian Clips included are:

1948 Black Clips
Bearden, Berardino, Boudreau, Christopher, Doby, Feller, Judnich, Keltner, Muncrief, Robinson, Seery, Tipton, Tucker

1949 Brown Clips
Bearden, Boone, Boudreau, Clark, Doby, Feller, Garca, Gordon, Gromek, Hegan, Keltner, Kennedy, Lemon, Mitchell, Paige, Veeck, Vernon, Wynn, Zoldak

1950 White Clips
Avila, Benton, Boone, Boudreau, Clark, Doby, Easter, Feller, Garcia, Gromek, Hegan, Kennedy, Lemon, Mitchell, Murray, Rosen, Tucker, Weik, Wynn

1951 Blue Clips (union label)
Avila, Boone, Easter, Feller, Hegan, Lopez, Mitchell, Rosen, Wynn

1952 Blue Clips (no union label)
Avila, Chakales, Doby, Easter, Feller, Garcia, Hegan, Lemon, McCosky, Mitchell, Rosen, Simpson, Tebbetts, Wynn

Browns Clips included are:
Clint Courtney, Ned Garver, Marty Marion, Satchel Paige(REAL), Bill Veeck, Tom Wright

Please take time to look at all the enlargeable photos. I've tried to picture the whole collection in a butterfly case and then more closeups where you can see many of the individual clips. Overall condition is probably EXMT or so with only a very small proportion having any rust whatsoever on them. I will pay for insured shipping via UPS if a buy it now purchase is used. Also entertaining fair offers. Shipping $25.00 otherwise if buy it now is not used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200289236436