View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default The reveal is coming soon

Well, I was hoping Zone91 would chime in before ending this thread. I know he's awake somewhere out there.

In this post I am including the corner scans. There certainly seems to be a consensus developing, in part perhaps (?) due to the "herd immunity" effect of folks reading the thread before submitting their answer. Not that the herd is wrong as evidenced by the corner scans.

At this point based on the answers so far, I would entertain offers from the following for the card on the left (all of whom gave it a 60),

Sean
Jose
Paul, a late addition who posted while I was composing this post,
Peter, who tried to second guess me &
Joe, who tried to second guess the grader.

For the card on the right an offer from

Mr. McKenzie (who gave it an 84)

would be more than welcome.

I wish I had structured this thread a little differently.
It would have been interesting to see what people would offer for the card they thought had received the numerical grade, rather than guessing the grade itself. Then it would have truly been a buy the card not the holder thread.

Revealing the corners in the proper L and R configuration below will end the thread's statistical analysis. The upper right corner was sighted and cited by many as the "tell". (HOMOPHONES used in the same sentence appropriately are rarer than hen's teeth.) (Thanks to David for the correction just edited.)

Ironically there is only one post that corresponds to reality. I agree that giving the answer that is the same as the SGC graders does not imply or prove that either of them is correct.

I also don't know what this says about TPG, but roughly 30% of the board disagreed with 70% of the board regarding the authentic card. I think SGC did get that right.

For those trying to second guess me, I recently purchased the upgrade to replace the authentic card. When I looked at them though, I was impressed that the authentic card was clearly shorter than the "trimmed" card and from a distance of 6 feet or more, depending on one's eyesight, the authentic card actually looks more appealing.

The market value of authentic cards seems more variable than their numerically grouped counterparts, and even though some folks wouldn't touch a "trimmed" card, eye appeal does seem to affect market value to some extent.

Finally, I didn't pay too much for either card, and will do well regardless of which one I choose to sell first.

The full reveal will follow soon. Further discussion is welcome of course

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 05-05-2016 at 08:55 AM.