View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 07:03 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen View Post
Couple of things - Looks like these did include "qualifiers" as I received 1 card back with the "MK" designation.

Sent 34 1955 Topps BB in for grading on this go round.

Of the 34 I had "opinion" graded the vast majority as coming back a 6 with a couple maybe hitting 6.5 and a couple coming back in the 5 range (Dont recall a Mark on the card they designated but will see when I get it in hand)

Had several "shockers" that included a 3 cards coming back below 5 and 11 cards coming back as 7s (or better)

Of the 11 one (Boone) came back as 8.5 - Still scratching my head on this one as I don't know how an EXMT card sitting in my EXMT set along with tons of other 6s could hit that "rare air".

The other 7s (and 4 additional 8s) are somewhat annoying to me for the same reason - didnt look out of place in an EXMT set

Hand picked for centering - Looks like I now get to go out in search of 14 additional 6s. If you have any of the 14 in PSA Holders that are well centered - I would be interested

Thanks

The Boone (8.5)??

#065 Boone

The following results simply reinforce the idea that after all these years - I STILL have no clue when it comes to BB Card Grading. The Mathews is particularly annoying as I was sure it was a 6 all day.....

Pre 59 Results
I am very interested in what comes back from what I submitted. I don't get into things as in depth as you, but to say I am disappointed is an understatement. What is going on over at PSA?? Have the grading standards tightened?? Is there new help grading the cards with very little experience?? Who knows......It has been an eye opening experience for me to say the least.