View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 09:39 AM
Steve Birmingham

Since the feedback system became a one way street I've pretty much abandoned it. I haven't sold in a few years so it's all buying. I leave feedback in small batches and very occasionally usually when I think a seller has gone beyond expectations, like an item being extremely well packed, or shipped almost instantly. I had one where the shipping notice was about 20 minutes after I'd paid. That's quick enough for feedback. Saying they'll ship in a day or two and doing that is just meeting expectations.

If a seller is new, I'll leave feedback as well.

And as a tool to check out a seller it's not all that useful unless their feedback is truly awful. Sellers with a fairly high number usually have a couple negatives or neutrals. And most of those are from new buyers who have unreasonable expectations. Bought on Friday, neg left on Monday because the item hasn't arrived yet. those are totally meaningless, as are the ones complaining about a defect clearly shown in the pics or mentioned in the description. I had one of those - needlepoint pattern that had been a kit. Sold as a pattern with "This is just the pattern, none of the thread or cloth is included" And got a feedback saying "the cloth and thread weren't in the package" .......

Steve B