View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Default Clarification of Ty Cobb Decal bat

Posted By: scgaynor

Nick, since photos of Cobb using a decal bat are common, can you find one that clearly shows a decal, or is the image above your proof?

As others here have noted, the image posted above shows Cobb holding a bat that appears to be very different than the one that you are offering and there is little to no evidence of a decal on the bat pictured.

I will however take back the "common sense" comment that I made earlier. I did some checking around today as well as did get one person to comment that it "Is possible" that Cobb used a Decal bat. As Troy noted above, it is true that the 1/2'' bats would not have been made for the retail markets.

However, let me clarify the agrument that I have been making. I don't believe that Bushing or Troy truely believes that what you are selling was used by Cobb, the LOA seems to indicate as much. My concern is that you are using the information in the LOA to say that this is a bat used by Ty Cobb, instead of a Ty Cobb model bat that could have been used by anybody.
So are you saying that Ty Cobb definitly used this bat as your item description implies, or are you saying that whoever buys this bat is taking a "leap of faith" as your e-mail to Paulpaulpaul states?

Scott