View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 08:26 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceinGa View Post
You should talk to your insurance agent and ask what proof is necessary in case of a loss and need to file a claim.
I'm hoping you never need the insurance.
The first time was back in the 1980s my vehicle got stolen with stuff in it. No computer then and I didn't write anything down. Most everything was at shows for me back then, very few auctions that were not live, so I had no records to prove anything.

Last time was the beginning of this year out of my storage unit, but this time I had no idea what they took. I only knew approximately the number of boxes. I am still trying to find something missing I know for sure that is worth something that I can take to the police to see if anything was pawned around then. But the longer it takes the less likely I will catch them or see anything from it. The only things I know we're missing isn't worth anything to anyone besides me, pictures of my wife, and other personal things I had of her from when she was alive.

The problem with my insurance company is it only covers $30k, that is nothing even for me after collecting most of my life with a lot more buying and not selling that much until some more later but it still is nothing in comparison to what I have. They don't have any riders that I can add on so I have to get another company for my collectibles.