View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Tim Odeen

My name is Tim, I'm 35 y.o., and I am a Reds fan, like Mark (perezfan). I currently live in WA State. I grew up in Billings MT in the 90s, and their Rookie affiliate team, the Billings Mustangs, was my introduction to the love of baseball. They had this beautiful, old, rickety wood stadium that I adored. I am devastated to think they may not exist beyond this year. They have been a Reds affiliate FOREVER! I used to collect everything! And that got overwhelming when I had to box it up during college. So I got rid of most of it, and refocused on collecting the Reds. I have moved to earlier and earlier vintage over the years. I've been collecting the 1939/40 Reds for the last 5 years. I'm about to do another pivot, though. I'm selling most of my collection to help with a down payment on a house (my wife and I are part of that millenial generation that has delayed buying a house). Not sure what I'll turn to after we buy a house. It's TBD.

I also collect Tris Speaker. He was a distant relative on my Mom's side. The family split, and her line moved from Texas to New Mexico. She had an uncle named Tris, named after the ballplayer. He was an early introduction to the history of baseball, and I've always been fascinated between the various generations of ball players.

I go to Mariners' games occasionally, but always when the Reds play interleague ball. This picture was in 2019. I'm a quiet Mariners fan. In MT we rooted for Seattle, Colorado, and Minnesota, the closest teams geographically to us. Fell in love with the 1995 Mariners, but was soooo excited when Junior went to the Reds in 2000.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190912_221130.jpg (77.9 KB, 396 views)
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo