View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSix View Post
I’m finally retrieving my card sets and partial sets from the closet and storing upright in binders so I can better access and enjoy them. Building on the original poster’s question are there any opinions on the following?

1. The Ultra Pro Sheets are available in the Silver series or Platinum series. The Platinum are heavier gauge plastic but more expensive. Would you recommend the Platinum sheet or am I’m just over thinking this? Storing fairly high-condition 1960’s and early 1970’s sets. Earlier cards are in more modest condition.

2. The more important question for us that store our cards in the 3 D-Ring binders is what potentially damage to we need to mindful of?

Thank you in advance for any input
One issue to guard against is curling of the sheets, and potential damage to the cards on the bottom, if a binder isn't held tightly closed when placed upright. If the binder covers open up under the weight of the contents, the binder can tip forward a bit and the front of the sheets can come in contact with the shelf the binder is sitting on. Binder cases can help prevent this.