View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Jason Albregts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
I play a lot of poker as well. The best night I ever had playing was the night my wife and I sat down at a table full of men at one of our many Indian gambling establishments. I was out in an hour. She won enough to pay for our trip! It was b e a u t i f u l ! !

And I think just because you're a card dealer, it doesn't automatically make you an expert at customer relations. Card shows are like the wild west. There's no rules, really. I wouldn't have lost sleep over dealer #3 either. Sorry.
I wouldn't lose sleep over #3 either. The dealer is responsible for pricing cards and letting his wife or whoever know what those prices are. I can see if there is a box full of commons and you find a random Musial that maybe another collector stuck it in there by mistake. In that case I may point it out.

I ran across a dealer recently selling some '33 Goudeys and they weren't priced. I asked about them and he said he was too lazy to look them up, so his price was $5 a piece. I'll take that deal all day long for mid-grade Goudey commons, no need for me to educate him