View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 02:31 PM

Default Winners Announced - Brockelman Auction contest w/vintage card prizes

It's that time again, yes, to make some guesses about the upcoming Brockelman Auction that ends this Saturday, and be rewarded with PreWW2 cards for your efforts.

The auction: http://www.brockelmanauctions.com/catalog.aspx

This time your guesses will involve B, C, D...it's easy as 1,2,3. This contest is Jackson 5 approved, except that the remaining members are a little upset 'A' is not included. I say who likes 'A' anyway.

The contest involves lots in the PreWW2 section (basically lots #1 through 250) that have a player's last name in the lot title. The first letter of the player's name you will be searching for will be the ones that start with the letter B, C, or D.

Your goal is to name the amount of each of these 'B', 'C' and 'D' lots that I consigned, as follows:

Lots with a player's last name in the lot title that begins with letter 'B' - 2 lots (out of 16 total lots to choose from)

Lots with a player's last name in the lot title that begins with letter 'C' - 3 lots (out of 20 total lots to choose from)

Lots with a player's last name in the lot title that begins with letter 'D' - 1 lot (out of 12 total lots to choose from)

For example, if this contest were instead involving the letters F, G, and H (which it is not...pay attention!), a guess by you might look something like this:

F: lots 21, 165

G: lots 3, 93, 242

H: lot 64

The contestant that has correctly guessed the most lots that I consigned in the combined B, C and D categories (as detailed above) will win their choice of either 1 HOF card, or 3 common cards from the vintage card selection shown below. In case of a tie, the person who guessed earlier is the winner.

Just added bonus...runnerup(s) will get one common card of their choice. See my last post on this thread for details.

You can guess a total of two times with no editing, and the cutoff time for guesses will be 3pm EST Saturday October 24th, which is the day the auction closes.

GOOD (educated guess) LUCK!

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brockcontest1020 001 (682x800).jpg (75.0 KB, 390 views)

Last edited by brianp-beme; 10-24-2020 at 02:59 PM.