View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 06:24 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
As noted previously:

1) Dean's Cards have excellent scans. You know what you are purchasing.

2) While you may think their prices are high; if you feel comfortable at that price they will sell to you and treat that as a contract thereof.

3) You will receive the card you ordered. There is a peacefulness to knowing this.

Rich

P.S. Yan can switch Dean's for Jim Kovacs in one of my recent articles and understand what he does:

https://gogts.net/kleins-korner-dont...-card-pricing/

I have no problem with a dealer listing a card at any price, as the article points out that many (including commons) are on short supply. but listing a PSA 5 of card XYZ for 2x what I can buy a similar graded card with a quick search, is trying to take advantage of people. I am surprised by the sugar coating this is getting here.

"I just don't understand the business model" is not a good explanation. Yes, I see a lot of PSA 2 Cobbs listed by other sellers on Ebay for $6k+, but it is not like I can find that card for a better price. on the other hand, when I was looking for my Aaron base set cards, the prices at these dealers were so laughable I quickly moved on.

Raw cards are where the money is made, because sellers try to convince people that TPGs are useless and instead push their own internal grades - which overstate the condition 90% of the time.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236