View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 03:36 PM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
You keep assuming your boy was clean. During that period no one gets a pass That's all I got to say. I will leave it up the the readers. lol.

Like I said, I don't put it past anyone.

However, if they were all doing it like you said, then isn't it a level playing field??

As it stands, the Big Unit looks like the least likely candidate to be doing PED's, with zero credible suspicions, let alone evidence.

Clemens has pretty good evidence that he was deep in PED.

Therefore, based on your assertions of not counting PED accomplishments, that gives Randy Johnson two more Cy Young awards.

Did Johnson grow six inches from 1992-1995 or gain 8 MPH?? If not, then those attributes are what made him what he was. Once he was able to repeat his mechanics and developed control...he became the best lefty in the history of baseball, both at as his peak and for his career

And no, Lefty Grove cannot match those attributes either. There is zero evidence to support placing Lefty Grove on a pitchers mound over Randy Johnson. Johnson has him beat in every measurable attribute you look for in a pitcher, as well as the 'intangibles' needed to succeed as a professional player. There would be zero point in taking a pitcher who is ten inches smaller, throws slower, has lesser break on his pitches, and has lesser command....assuming their mental and competitive capacities are the same(and Johnson obviously proved his mettle there).

As for 'my boy', I'm beholden to no other human. I'm simply looking from an objective view point, backed with knowledge, logic, and common sense.

Last edited by HistoricNewspapers; 08-02-2020 at 03:56 PM.