View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
I didn't know steroids improved your eyesight and eye-hand coordination. You still have to hit the ball. Besides, it wasn't ever against any rules back then. Nothing was in place. I'm not saying it was right , but it wasn't against the rules. The best of that era should still get into the HOF.

Gaylord Perry actually cheated against the rules and he is in !
Players use Ritalin to concentrate better, and eye surgery to see better. Didn't Tiger Woods have lasik to improve to 20/10 eyesight. Doesn't this give these players an advantage making contact with the ball ! Why is it OK to improve by these means and not others ?
One of the big benefits of steroids is to help in the healing process or to mask minor injuries. I was prescribed steroids for 3 months last Feb/March/April hoping to heal my ankle, which ultimately did not work as I eventually tore the tendon on the outside in half.

But what did happen is after that shot in the tendon, within 6-8 hours, I felt completely healthy, with no limitations on activity.

So if you were a ball player with a slight injury you could take a steroid shot, perhaps at first legally prescribed by a doctor, and then later illegally and you feel 100%. This would be a huge benefit somewhere around game 100 in July for a ball player.