View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 AM
Derek Granger

Excluding the announcers, with the three most recent inducties, we'll have an even 300 HOFers. It would be nice to lock it in there at 300 and add no more. Seriously, adding more will simply make me broke (see my collection focus). That said, I 100% agree that Biggio and Piazza will be enshrined this summer bringing the total to 302. I'm hoping the others on the ballot get at least one year to wallow in self-mysery, like time-out for a toddler.

It feels like the "REAL" HOF is comprised of those that made it into the Hall the first year they were eligible via BBWA, well, at least in the last few decades. Clemens and others, if they get in, will have to be "second-ballot" HOFers, which is like a lower class HOF.

The American way of "innocent until proven guilty" makes this whole process very difficult, since most players have never been proven guilty of taking PEDs, there have only been rumors of guilt. Since we'll never "know" who took PED's during the era, do we actually assign a "guilty until proven innocent" mantra? I doubt it. Suspicion of PED-use cannot dictate whether or not a player gets in, in my opinion. Then again, it's the BBWA that decides, so I'm guessing that I'd be a minority if I were a voter.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 01-09-2013 at 05:55 AM. Reason: removed sentence regarding Holmes