View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 11:50 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
When I first joined here to move back into vintage, I had some low grade cards that I was trying to move to have money for t205s. 1952 Topps Jackie Robinson, 1953 Topps Mickey Mantle, 1954 Bowman Ted Williams and other Mantles and Rookies. I collected vintage in the 80s and none of my cards were graded. No one here had any interest.

I still have a 1933 Goudey set, all ungraded and a t206 set, with only 5 graded cards, all the graded cards recent purchases. I still prefer raw cards, it is good to see that I am not the only one. The more cards I get graded to sell, the more disenchanted I become with the whole idea of grading cards. There is no consistency by any of the companies, yet thousands of dollars are at stake over their opinion.
That's one of my biggest issues with Grading. I don't understand how a BGS 2 can be a PSA 3 or an SGC 1, and who exactly are these people grading them, what qualifications separate the guys at BGS from the guys at SGC?

I'm still not at the point where I can fully determine if some raw cards are real or fake, so with certain high end purchases, I have to make sure their graded, or if they are raw, are coming from someone that I trust/ is trust worthy. Fortunately there's many trustworthy people here on Net54!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.