View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 07:55 PM
Fred

My fab 4:

Mays - no reason necessary for this pick.

This one even surprises myself because I hate the Yankees, especially after watching game 4 of the 1998 WS from the stands and having to see the Yanks dog pile on my Padres infield - Jeter. Jeter is old school. He kept his mouth shut and let his skills do the talking.

Steve Carlton - how do you win 27 games on a team that only wins 59 games all year? 300 game winner, 4K K's. Yeah, Blyleven has more ShOuts lifetime, but lefty was a great pitcher. Tough to pick a pitcher out of the bunch that's on the living list. I just can't pick a reliever. If so, it'd have been Mariano, hands down. I'd probably have picked Koufax but his star burned bright for a short period of time. He also pitched at a time when ERAs were pretty low. Yup, baseball sacrilege. Koufax was INCREDIBLE for 6 years.

Pick 4 goes to Ricky Henderson. Very colorful and misunderstood but arguably the best lead-off hitter to play the game.