View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 09:14 AM
John

Hey Mike, (Hot Springs Bathers), On Dent, that's what Dan Daly mentions in the earlier link I gave, how in 2003, Dent was sent to prison for violating probation on a drunk-driving conviction, so he definitely correlates the two events (prison/Nagurski book issues) and likely rightfully so. The part I don't get is I thought the quality of writing was great (if you read that intro - that really sounds like a person who was passionate about the subject matter) - but it was the embellishment that was a bit over the top and nagged at me from the back of my mind as I later read other books (the Bears playing barefoot at the end of the sneakers game, the mismatches with Joseph Page's book on pre SB championships, etc., etc.). For fact checking - I would have thought someone other than the author would be tasked with that. I didn't even know about Daly's post until recently - I read the book a while back, but it was on my Kindle and I went back to it and then started Googling myself to see if I could find support for a few things and ran across Daly's blog.

Thanks Mike (revmoran) - nice premium and great website - I esp. liked the "Cultural Recognition" section - of course my memory could be going since I know we've discussed Wheaties boxes a few times, but I never recall seeing that Nagurski box before.....

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 08-20-2015 at 09:33 AM.