View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 04:21 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I would agree, certainly a tragedy that many of the legends of the game did not get to see their induction. I separated Matty because of the fact that he was so young when he passed on. Just 45 years old. His weakened immune system from the war, led him to contracting tuberculosis.

On the subject of Cobb, I feel he was so misunderstood. The man battled many demons, including the fact that his Father was murdered by his Mother. I think Cobbs competitive fire was so great, and his attitude was so serious, that it drove many of his teammates away. It certainly didn't help that many things about him were sensationalized or lied about in that horrific biography by Al Stump.
And well said here, too. My t205 Ty Cobb and Official Harridge American League ball signed by Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig and Ty Cobb are probably 2 of my most prized earthly possessions.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***