View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 02:31 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Beautiful card! If resubmitted and it gets a grade the second time around, you are going to make out like a bandit.

Good luck if you decide to do exactly that.
Thanks. Ya, I definitely want to have it looked at again. It was graded in 2011. It needs to be reslabbed regardless because the casing has been tampered with. It looks like someone previously tried to crack it out, probably for the same reason of getting a second opinion on it, but got cold feet and gave up because they didn't know how to do it properly and didn't want to damage it. I've examined it under blacklight and looked over every square millimeter with a jeweler's loupe. And I ran extremely high definition scans on it too. Nothing stands out as being altered. It has a very slight tilt to the top edge, but all edges show the same expected texture and chipping consistent with 1952 Topps cards. No sharp edges or anything like that. And it measures correctly. Nothing glows in blacklight. No recoloring that I've found yet either. I think it probably has a good chance of getting a grade if resubmitted.

Plus, I'd be famous over at the blowhard forums! They'd for sure post before and after photos of it along with all my personal info and add it to their tainted cards database and turn me over to the FBI lol.