View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Default AAA graded Gypsy Queen Proof

Posted By: Roy Huff

AAA charged me $8 a piece. They grade for other people as well. I haven't used them in close to a year now (mainly because they were unreliable and placed to many restrictions regarding how much volume they would grade). Regarding the category. Ebays sportscard chatboard leader actually dealt with every single issue discussed. They said that there is not enough cut outs to have there own category per year and they also said that as long as the cut outs do not say they are cards than they do not violate the Ebay TOS. The post went further to say that they can be listed in the sportscard category. I personal dont card what category I can or cannot list and if they had a cut out category I would be more than willing to post there. I sometimes list in other tangential categories such as memorabilia and even paper ect. As far as ethics are concerned, ethics does carry a higher standard than the law but I do not believe selling something they want is unethical. What is more unethical, denying someone the right to purchase an authenticad cut out for $50 because they dont want to blow $1500 on a graded piece of cardboard or selling them the cut out for $50. I dont buy your argument that everyone thinks my items are cards. Despite the obvious fact THAT I STATE MY ITEMS ARE NOT CARDS I offer a refund for unsatified customers for most of my items. In addition my feedback rating is 99%. So in order for what I am selling to be unethical you would have to say that someone should be denied the right to buy something they want to buy and that everyone reading my description is blind and cant read. The bottom line here is that there are some products that are contraversial and people will always take issue with. Used cars for example. There are so many complaints on misrepresention on the condition of cars somepeople think they should be banned. Now matter what I say in my description or title (and believe me at times I have tried many different things to be as clear as possible) the many Card dealers will never want me to sell anything because they think it "pollutes" the market with "inferior" crap. The funny thing is that many investors say the same think about sportscards as an investment and that the book value publishers are engaging in a racket to give a percieved value on what amounts to a piece of cardboard printed in massive quantities by corporations in order to make a profit. I personally think people should be able to buy what they want and sellers should be able to sell it to them.