View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 05:34 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Pretty cool, I don't collect miscuts unless they are drastic (50/50). However, I think you should be able to get a premium for this one comparing to other Fains. As Mantle is a secondary subject, I would call this Fain error and not a Mantle error. You still might get some Mantle collectors in there, but not like if it contained part of the image. While any printer's error is 1 of 1. there are likely some similar miscuts due to sheets going in to the cutters shifted or upside down. This is why so many wrong back cards exist as it is simply the printer placing the sheet in wrong for the pass. Hopefully this brings you into the error world with us as they are a blast.

This is my favorite Mantle error in my collection with him as the main subject. I collect big offset color registration shifts as I love the Warhol-like quality of these. I have way too many (but not enough, lol). This one is obviously well loved by the previous owner and has a full normal back print. It was likely seen as worthless by the kid that pulled it, but I am happy it survived to get into my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mantle edit1.jpg (77.8 KB, 187 views)

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 04-03-2021 at 05:41 PM.