View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 03:04 PM
Chris

I didn’t bully you, I didn’t say your story was a lie, and I didn’t say that you artificially age the card. I have no reason to think you are lying about the history of the card or that you faked it—please reread my post. You asked for opinions regarding the card. I have around 500 mostly low grade Mantles from the 50-60s—I know what aging and wear happens naturally. The card you have does not have natural aging. Rather, it looks like someone took sandpaper to the surface to make it look warn and then put coffee on it to discolor it. I’m 99% positive it is artificially aged. My comments were to counter those giving you hope on it as there is absolutely no point sending this for grading and wasting that money. People faked stuff a lot in the 80s and 90s (and still do) and a lot of people are now holding family pieces from that error that aren’t real.

Now, all that said, it seems to be a very important piece for you with a family connection. I recommend you get a custom frame for it, hang it on the wall, enjoy it, and future generations argue about it 50 years from now.

Welcome to the forum. I’m hear as a resource should you have any questions—just PM me as I don’t check often. I’m not, however, a bully.

Last edited by Bestdj777; 06-16-2020 at 05:15 AM.