View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 08:17 AM
Giuseppe

Default 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle Rookie Card Help

Hello Net 54 Baseball Forum,

I have been a lurker and reader of the forum for a couple of months and finally decided to be apart of the Net 54 community, which I'm excited about.

I recently inherited a 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle #253 rookie card and wanted to get additional information on it. The card was given to my mother over 30 years ago from a close cousin. My mom held onto the card for many years until recently, she gave it to me. I don’t have any intention of selling, but I would like to eventually get it graded.

Right before I was going to send it off to get it graded, I began reading about real vs fakes and started to think twice on the authenticity of the card…. Maybe I’m overthinking it or have just become cross-eyed from examining and comparing details of 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle cards. I would like to get feedback on this card and to see what you guys and gals think of this card. I’ve tried to take detailed photos of the card for deeper examination.

EDITED: The last two photos on the right are a bit more sharpened and defined from the first two photos on the left. I have also added the photos on IMGUR https://imgur.com/a/pRuySKA

Please share your honest opinions of the card - Thank you all for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Detail MM3.jpg (20.3 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg Detail MM4.jpg (17.3 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 10.19.50 AM.jpg (20.5 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 10.20.18 AM.jpg (19.2 KB, 306 views)

Last edited by Diablo; 06-14-2020 at 08:27 AM.