View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 12:48 PM
John Donovan

Default 1952 Bowman Salesman Sample vs Partial Production Sheet

Picked up this partial sheet of uncut 1952 Bowman cards from ebay recently. The seller had them listed as a "salesman sample". And as I did my research, I confirmed that Bowman did use six card panels as salesman samples.

I had a brief exchange with the seller (who was top notch, a good communicator, and I would purchase from again), and I asked if they knew the provenance of the panel, and whether they could confirm it was a salesman sample, or just a partial production sheet. They said they got it in a large vintage purchase with several other uncut six card panels (a couple of them being duplicates) and since it was unlikely they would have duplicate partial production sheets, their best guess was that they were salesman samples.

So my question is do any of you know if there is a way to know if a panel of six uncut 1952 Bowman cards are salesman sample vs just a partial production sheet? Or maybe 1952 salesman samples really are just panels of a production sheet?

Either way it's a cool piece that I'm glad to add to my collection.

Interested to know if any of you have any thoughts or experience with 1952 Bowman salesman samples.

uncut.jpg

Uncutback.jpg