Thread: T206 Question ?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Many of us already know but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
It's one man's methodology not gospel. Things don't have to be thought of the same way he thought of them.
I politely disagree. He wrote the catalog so, if it is the numbering we are talking about, it is gospel from who wrote it. But he also absolutely said it was a work in progress.
I feel we can make additions and corrections but we need to follow his methodology. It is a good one.
He used the Card Collectors Bulletins to make those modifications to the ACC. Of course he had supplements to most of those too (if not all of them). Those were separate and loose page additions.
So yes, I would like to (possibly) see W503 reclassified as E503. He classified W500 Trading or Strip Cards in the generic Trading and Strip Card category (those without classifications). And the W503 have long been considered regular E type cards. The W600 Sporting Life were classifiedGeneral Issues and he thought of them more as pictures than cards when he said "The General Issues were sold more as pictures and the Trading cards as trading cards." My belief is that W600s are cards but he thought of them as pictures. So, I see room for potential change on that one too,. And I am not against some other changes that make sense.....
That all said I think he got T206s, T213s, T214s and T215s correct.

What is a thread without cards!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg t206cobboldmill2b.jpg (79.2 KB, 498 views)