View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 06:07 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Why would you be so sure about that, unless you think the doll and pin are of different eras altogether? My doll came with the pin hanging from the neck in a similar fashion, but the pin was upside down so I took it off and pinned it right-side-up. I got mine at a National from pennant and pin dealer Rick Haskins, who had a bunch of similar college dolls/pins and maybe some pro teams, too. Do we know who made these dolls, and I wonder if there are any depicted in manufacturer catalogs? Why don't you start a kewpie thread looking for your Cincy example?
Hank…

They were sold both generic and with the team insignia on the cap and the breast. The one I linked above is on eBay, and is not mine. It may well have originally come that way from the vendor. We will probably never know.

I do not own a Reds one. I used to have one with a wishbone “C” on the cap and also stenciled on his chest. I did not pursue the one on eBay because it’s a generic doll that could’ve been used for any team that wears a red uniform (Reds, Cardinals, Phillies, Red Sox, etc.). I personally would opt for one with the Reds’ team insignia on the uniform and hat.

That’s just me and possibly my OCD I’m afraid. There is no better seller than Rick Haskins, so if he said yours is legit, I’m sure it is. Bottom line is that they came both ways.

Hope these Kewpies are enjoying their 15 minutes of fame on this thread!

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos